Subscribe to Law Adventure Mailing List
Email:
Visit this group

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Change of Direction

Hi All,

Over the weekend and the past few days, I have had a lot of discussions with people close to me. It has caused me to rethink the strategy in this blog. These are my concerns;
  1. What I am committed to? - I am committed now to building my family & I just got married last year. I am also committed to building my career as a management & financial consultant. I am committed to helping my business clients to further improve on their business through my services. I want to be an speaker in international conferences on business & talk about my ideas.

    And I do not think they are inconsistent with my love for the country. More businesses can stand to benefit when I continue what I do. When more businesses benefit, more of my countrymen get to benefit as well.

    This blog has already taken quite a fair bit of time off that commitment, as the response is really overwhelming. It is already energy sapping as it is, and I want to put a stop to it.

  2. Getting a house - I am getting a house soon, and I want to devote the necessary time to make sure this house works. This house solidifies my relationship with my wife and it allows us to have a better future together.

  3. My clients - My clients deserve more attention from me than this matter. If I allow myself to be at risk for this matter, I do not think I could fairly answer to them when something untoward were to happen to me - nobody would be able to serve them anymore.

  4. Shooting myself in the foot - A wise old man told me that I was shooting myself in the foot. He told me that this blog could potentially bring me a lot of problems. For the commitments I have now, doing all these does not serve any of it at all.
So I hope all readers would be able to understand what I am going through now. This is what I am going to do about the blog.
  1. Experiences - I will not talk anything more about the experiences I had had with this trial, I will not talk about the individuals that are involved with the case anymore.

  2. Removal of letter - I will be removing the letter about the DPP threatening me too. In fact, the DPP in question is no longer a DPP, there is nothing more that needs to be done for this case. Also, I think he may have been overzealous in this case. I think that in his mind, he may have wanted to do a good job upholding justice in Singapore.

    We may have a disagreement on method & I think we can both move on with our lives.

  3. Legal & Professional Knowledge - However, I will still be talking about the legal & professional knowledge that goes behind this case. I hope that this analysis from a consulting point of view will help lawmakers, policy makers, grant givers, lawyers & consultants.

    I can contribute to the country in this manner as well.

  4. Professional services - For lawyers or law enforcers who are currently handling cases that deal with government grants, intellectual property & financial fraud, I am available at a rate of S$ 2,000.00 per day to advise you on how to fight the case or to defend against a charge.

    If you can prove to me that you are financially strapped, I can provide you pro bono services as well.
I thank you all for the patience shown here. Best Regards.

No comments: